Bordeaux is the capital of Aquitaine, economic hub of southwestern French and bears on the Iberian Peninsula, it is placed at the heart of a dense and diverse transport network.
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT BORDEAUX-MERIGNAC
5th busiest French airport with over 4 million passengers a year, Bordeaux-Merignac airport has regular air links with 32 cities, and 60 charter flights.
▪ 15 daily flights to Orly,
▪ 6 daily flights to Roissy-CDG
The L1 bus operates a regular service towards the city centre and railway station.
Bordeaux Saint-Jean is the largest railway station in Aquitaine. It is 10 minutes from city center by tram.
2hrs by TGV trains from Paris railways station Montparnasse.
TGV trains are also available from the airport Paris CDG
See French train company timetable
MOTORWAYS: A10 – A62 – A61
Four motorways lead to Bordeaux:
▪ A10 from Paris and the East and North of France via Orleans, Tours and
▪ A62 from the Mediterranean via Toulouse, Montauban and
▪ A63 from Spain via Bayonne et Dax.
▪ A89 from the Southeast and East via Lyon, Clermont Ferrand and Perigueux.