Type of tour: Private group tour
Number of travellers: minimum 10 / maximum 50 participants
Length of stay: 6 days/ 5 nights
Dates: SOLD OUT
- Visit 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites: Castel del Monte, the Sassi of Matera and the Trulli of Alberobello
- Discover two regions where you can still appreciate the value of old traditions and the slow life
- Learn how to cook the famous and unique bread from Matera in an old wood-burning bakery
- Taste the most genuine local products directly from the source: wine, olive oil, focaccia and mozzarella cheese
- Discover a fantastic food tradition and ancient recipes handed down from generation to generation.
Day by day Itinerary
Day 1: Bari, Welcome Tour
In the morning, arrival in Bari airport. Private transfer to hotel 4* centrally located.
In the afternoon sightseeing of Bari with our local guide. Visit the historical centre. Dinner at your leisure and overnight.
Day 2: Matera
After breakfast we leave Bari by private bus to reach Matera and accommodation in a typical hotel in the cave. Guided tour of the Sassi, the ancient districts with houses dug into the rock. Sassi became a world heritage site of UNESCO due to a complicated system of collecting rainwater that has supplied the inhabitants of the area for over 7000 years.
Cave houses, stables, cellars, tanks, furnaces, churches, ... an entire city carved into the stone.
Overnight in hotel.
Day 3: Matera: Bread workshop, Rock Church Park with lunch in farmhouse
Breakfast. In the morning, bread workshop in an old wood-burning bakery, where the traditional bread from Matera is made.
A short walk on the Murgia plateau in search of the archaeological treasures of the Rock Church Park.
Lunch on a farm surrounded by golden hills. A walk on the hills and return to Matera.
Dinner at your leisure and overnight stay.
Day 4: The Itria Valley and Ostuni with visit to a Medieval oil mill
After breakfast we will we visit the charming Valle d'Itria. Covered with vineyards and olive trees, the valley is flooded by hundreds of trulli, curious stone structures, a time used by farmers in Apulia.
Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site whose streets are literally choked by Trulli, is the more known village in the area.
Lunch at your leisure.
Then we go to explore the nearby historic village of Ostuni. Known as the "white city" because of the color of the walls, Ostuni has a charming medieval town center with a cathedral of the 15th century. During the day, visit to an old mill and tasting of the delicious Apulian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Accommodation in hotel or typical Masseria. Dinner at your leisure and overnight.
Day 5: Monopoli & Polignano a Mare, Farewell Dinner
Breakfast. Departure by private bus to explore the interesting towns of Monopoli and Polignano a Mare. Here you will have some time at your leisure to enjoy a lunch by the sea, before going back to the hotel.
Farewell dinner in local restaurant and overnight.
Day 6: Bari, departure
Breakfast, check out.
PRICE PER PERSON:
Price per person in double room (based on min. 10/max. 50 participants)
The Tour Includes:
Private double room with en-suite bathroom in hotel 4* centrally located
- 1 night in hotel 4* in Bari
- 2 nights in hotel 4*/ boutique hotel in Matera
- 2 nights in hotel 4*/ Masseria boutique hotel in Ostuni area
Excursions with professional English speaking guide:
- Bari: Welcome to Bari walking tour
- Castel del Monte and visit of wine cellars with tasting
- Matera: walking tour among the Sassi
- Bread workshop and visit of the Park of Rupestrian Churches
- Alberobello and Ostuni
- Monopoli and Polignano a Mare
- Lunch in a winery during transfer to Matera
- Lunch in farmhouse on Matera hills drinks included (1/4 l wine and ½ l water)
- Farewell dinner in local restaurant drinks included (1/4 l wine and ½ l water)
- Private transfer from Bari airport to the hotel in Bari
- Private transfer from Bari to Matera
- Private bus at disposal during the excursions: half day to Murgia; full day Alberobello + Ostuni; full day Monopoli + Polignano a Mare
The Tour does not Include:
- Flights to and from Country of Origin
- Transfer to and from from Milan where Convention will be held
- Local city taxes (to pay on the spot)
- Beverage and meals except where specifically indicated in the inclusions
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Everything not listed under item “the tour includes"
EXTRAS AND SUPPLEMENTS:
- Single room supplement - Euro 545,00
- Pre and post tour extensions
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by AIM ITALY Srl or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre‐ and post convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre‐ and post convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre‐ or post convention tours being offered.