Type of tour: Private group tour
Number of travellers: minimum 10 / maximum 50 participants
Length of stay: 4 days/ 3 nights
Arrival/Departure: Genoa/La Spezia
Dates: 10 - 13 July 2019
- Get to know one of the most ancient historical city centres of Europe: Genoa
- Admire the magnificent Rolli Palaces – UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Discover the intimate San Fruttuoso bay with its gorgeous nature, crystalline water and a X century abbey: a unique place where time seems to stop
- Explore the tiny villages of Cinque Terre
- Walk in the vineyard with a wine expert and taste genuine Ligurian wine
Day by day Itinerary
Day 1: Genoa, Welcome to Genoa walking tour with Aperitif
Individual arrivals to Genova during the morning. Accommodation in hotel 4* centrally located.
In the afteroon meet your local guide and start the visit of the historical centre of Genoa, one of the oldest in Europe. Along the narrow alleys, you will discover hidden noble Rolli palaces – UNESCO World Heritage - as well as churches, food shops, local markets in a colourful mix of cultures.
You will admire the stripy marble façade of San Lorenzo Cathedral, dating to the 12th century. You will see a very small and beautiful piazza: San Matteo. It used to be home to the powerful Doria family for 500 years. Its church hosts a beautiful 14th-century cloister and breath the history that permeates this place!
After this interesting walking, you’ll have time for a treat. You’ll be served a typical Ligurian aperitif with white wine or prosecco (at your choice) and the famous focaccia! Time at disposal to relax.
Your guide will give you useful insider tips on where to go for dinner and for an evening stroll. Overnight.
Day 2: The Eastern Riviera: San Fruttuoso & Portofino Boat Tour with lunch
After breakfast, meet your local tour leader and departure to Santa Margherita Ligure by private bus. After a pleasant stroll, embark on a boat to Portofino. Visit of the village where the international jet-set have met for years, Castle Brown (from outside) and the small Church overlooking the Gulf. In this secluded bay, you will have some time at disposal for a coffee or a glass of wine in the famous Piazzetta.
Proceed by boat to San Fruttuoso bay - one of the most unique and special places in all of Liguria. It is tucked away in a tiny, pristine bay between Camogli and Portofino surrounded by lush vegetation. Indeed a highly exclusive spot, as you can only reach it by sea or on foot. Here time seems to stop… crystalline waters, an ancient abbey, fishermen boats.
Lunch in local restaurant where you will taste the home-made Lasagne with pesto sauce and the catch of the day. You will have free time to visit the abbey by your own or for a refreshing bath before going back to Camogli by boat.
Time to visit the charming village of Camogli – with its colorful houses facing the sea. Back to Genoa by private bus. Dinner at your leisure and overnight.
(Please note that in case of sea bad conditions, the lunch in San Fruttuoso will be replaced by lunch in Camogli or Santa Margherita)
Day 3: Cinque Terre Discovery with walk in the vineyards & wine tasting
After breakfast, check out. Depart by high-speed train to La Spezia. Pick up at the central station and accommodation in hotel 4* centrally located. Meet your local tour leader for a full day Cinque Terre Experience. By local train reach the wonderful village of Riomaggiore, proceed to the enchanting Manarola for a unique experience. Here a wine expert will meet and take you on a guided vineyard tour with descriptions of the vegetation and vine growing techniques. Meeting with the winemaker at work with a tasting in the field. To follow, a tasting at local wine bar of two other wines, accompanied by a plate of salted anchovies and savory vegetable pie.
Time at leisure for lunch. Proceed then exploring Vernazza and Monterosso. At the end train back to La Spezia for some relax. Evening and dinner at your leisure.
Day 4: La Spezia, departure
Breakfast, check out. Possibility to book a tour extension to Tuscany or extra nights in Cinque Terre.
PRICE PER PERSON:
Price per person in double room (based on min. 10/max. 50 participants)
The Tour Includes:
Private double room with en-suite bathroom in hotel 4* centrally located
- 2 nights in hotel 4* in Genoa
- 1 night in Hotel 4* in La Spezia
Excursions with professional English speaking guide/tour leader:
- Genoa: Welcome to Genoa walking tour (guide)
- Eastern Riviera with Portofino & San Fruttuoso (tour leader)
- Cinque Terre (tour leader)
- Aperitif in Genoa including 1 glass of local wine/prosecco, focaccia and local appetizers
- Lunch in San Fruttuoso including drinks (1/4 l. wine, ½ water)
- Wine tasting with appetizers in Cinque Terre
- Railway standard tickets to Highspeed train Genoa-La Spezia
- Railway standard tickets to Regional trains in Cinque Terre
- Ferry boat tickets on day 2 to/from San Fruttuoso
- Private transfer from Genoa to Eastern Riviera and back
- Private transfer from La Spezia railway station to the hotel
The Tour does not Include:
- Flights to and from Country of Origin
- Transfer to and from from Milan where Convention will be held
- Local city taxes (to pay on the spot)
- Beverage and meals except where specifically indicated in the inclusions
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Everything not listed under item “the tour includes”
EXTRAS AND SUPPLEMENTS:
- Single room supplement - Euro 245,00
- Pre and post tour extensions
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by AIM ITALY Srl or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre‐ and post convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre‐ and post convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre‐ or post convention tours being offered.