Type of tour: Private group tour
Number of travellers: minimum 10 / maximum 50 participants
Length of stay: 7 days/ 6 nights
Dates: 28 June - 4 July & 10 - 16 July 2019
- Be surprised by the colours of Rialto Market and taste the local “cicchetti”, the real Venetian tapas
- Discover the hidden corners of Florence, Rome and Venice thanks to our local buddy guides
- Visit the artisans shops in the most authentic quarter of Florence
- Enjoy the slow rhythms of Siena and San Gimignano
- Treat yourself with an exclusive dinner in a winery on Chianti hills
- Breath the atmosphere of the Eternal city and discover the vibrant Trastevere area eating like a local
Day by day Itinerary
Day 1: Venice, Welcome to Venice walking tour
Individual arrivals to Venice. Accommodation in hotel 4* centrally located. In the late afternoon meet our local expert guide and enjoy a walking tour of the city discovering the main sites as St Mark’s square, the Basilica, and the Doge palace (from outside). Evening at your leisure.
Day 2: The Venice food tour: Bacari tour and Jewish Ghetto + Gondola Ride
After breakfast, join our guide on a gastronomic adventure learning how to find great food in the Floating City. With your guide you will explore a very lively and colourful area - the Jewish Ghetto.
While tourists clog the streets between Rialto & St. Mark’s Basilica, this area called Cannaregio is where locals congregate. This is the most rich in history part of the city, as you’ll learn from your guide. Stop in this lovely neighborhood for sipping a glass of local wine and a plate of the city’s best Cicchetti. Like the Spanish tapas, cicchetti is a food specialty synonymous with Venice. Although menus change daily, they are usually dominated by crostini; slices of bread with various creative toppings; panini, Italian name for sandwiches; and fritti, or fried food – mostly fish and vegetables. Cicchetti are an important element of Venetian culinary culture, as they were the perfect snack for fisherman, who usually came back home from sea around 9am and stopped in their favorite dark bars for a bite to eat and a glass of wine.
Then hop aboard a gondola to see the town from another perspective.
In the afternoon you will have some time at your leisure: you can visit the Lagoon islands by boat or just get lost in the narrow streets of the city centre.
Day 3: Florence walk, Handcrafts and Artisans shops
Breakfast, check out and morning departure by train to Florence. Arrival, accommodation in hotel 4*. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon meet our local guide for a walk in the historical centre and an interesting tour of the ancient shops and artisan laboratories downtown. You will discover the excellence of “Made in Italy” handicraft, while getting to know an authentic and “off the beaten track” side of Florence. Enjoy some free time in town. Overnight.
Day 4: Florence- Siena, San Gimignano & Tuscan dinner in Chianti winery
Breakfast. Time at disposal to explore the town by your own or choose an extra activity (Vasari Corridor & Uffizi Gallery tour or a cooking class).
After lunch, enjoy a small-group tour to Siena, San Gimignano and the Chianti countryside. The tour will end admiring the sunset on the Tuscan hills and tasting a typical dinner in a fascinating location before going back to Florence.
More in detail: starting from Florence, you will be taken to Siena. Here you will enjoy a guided walking tour of this compact city that will let you discover also Piazza del Campo, the main central square where the famous Palio horse race takes place every year, as well as exploring quieter backstreets and learning everything about the Contrade, the 17 medieval city districts that compete against each other in the Palio.
The journey continues to San Gimignano, famed for its medieval skyscrapers, high walls and narrow streets that characterizes the most typical image of a Tuscan hill town. San Gimignano is unique in the preservation of about a dozen of its tower houses, which form an unforgettable skyline, with its hilltop setting and encircling walls.
After some free time in San Gimignano, gaze in awe at a marvellous sunset on the Tuscan hills and then enjoy a typical Tuscan dinner in the cellar of a fascinating noble estate in the Chianti countryside. During your dinner you will also enjoy a wine tasting, pairing different wines with the various courses of your Tuscan meal.
This experience is a must for all fans of Tuscan wines, who are interested in learning more about the area.
Back to Florence for the overnight.
Day 5: Rome, Welcome to Rome and Trastevere Evening Stroll with Dinner
Breakfast, check out and transfer by train to Rome. Accommodation in hotel 4* centrally located. Free time for lunch.
In the afternoon, meet our local guide and get to know the Eternal city while enjoying a welcome tour aboard a comfortable private bus.
You will see the most iconic sites of the city with its baroque squares. From Piazza Barberini and its scenic Triton Fountain, you will walk through the most picturesque squares. The Trevi Fountain, the Fontana della Barcaccia (Fountain of the Old Boat) located in Piazza di Spagna, a meeting place for millions of tourists each year, and the Fountain of the Four Rivers in the famous Navona Square are some of the most famous attractions you will find along this itinerary.
The group will then move to the charming neighbourhood of Trastevere, one of Rome's most authentic and vibrant neighborhoods. Here you will enjoy an evening stroll before tasting a typical Roman dinner in local Osteria!
Return to the hotel and overnight.
Day 6: Imperial Rome tour & Vatican Museums
After breakfast, you will discover the greatness of the ancient Rome thanks to our Imperial Rome tour visiting the Coliseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine hill with views over the Forum and Circus Maximum.
Free time for lunch.
Continue exploring the town by visiting the Vatican Museum, including the St Peter’s basilica and the Sistine Chapel.
Return to the hotel and evening at your leisure. Overnight.
Day 7: Rome, departure
Breakfast, check out.
PRICE PER PERSON:
Price per person in double room (based on min. 10/max. 50 participants)
The Tour Includes:
Private double room with en-suite bathroom in hotel 4* centrally located
- 2 nights in hotel 4* in Venice (island)
- 2 nights in Hotel 4* in Florence
- 2 nights in Hotel 4* in Rome
- Excursions with professional English speaking guide
- Venice: Welcome to Venice walking tour
- Venice: Bacari food tour, Jewish Ghetto (walking) and Gondola Ride
- Florence: Walking tour with visit to the artisans shops
- Siena, San Gimignano tour & dinner in Chianti winery (including private bus transfer from/to Florence)
- Classical Rome with Trastevere Stroll (including bus transfer from/to the hotel)
- Imperial Rome tour including entrance tickets to Coliseum, Roman forum and Palatine hill (including bus transfer from/to the hotel)
- Vatican Museums tour including entrance tickets (including bus transfer from/to the hotel)
- Dinner in Chianti winery drinks included (wine tasting + ½ l. water)
- Dinner in Trastevere Osteria drinks included (1/4 l. wine + ½ l. water)
- Railway standard tickets to Highspeed trains Frecciarossa: Venice-Florence; Florence-Rome
- Private bus at disposal for the excursions in Rome and Siena, San Gimignano with Chianti
The Tour does not Include:
- Flights to and from Country of Origin
- Transfer to and from from Milan where the Convention will be held
- Local city taxes (to pay on the spot)
- Beverage and meals except where specifically indicated in the inclusions
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Everything not listed under item “the tour includes”
EXTRAS AND SUPPLEMENTS:
- Single room supplement - Euro 565,00
- Pre and post tour extensions
Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) has no connection, no responsibility and is not a contracting party with regard to the transportation or other facilities offered by AIM ITALY Srl or any other tour operator making the arrangements for the pre‐ and post convention tours being offered. By making a reservation and/or payment for any pre‐ and post convention tour, participants acknowledge and understand that they are contracting directly with AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that any contractual responsibilities are directly between the participant and AIM ITALY Srl or another tour operator, that participants are fully aware of all risks of travel and arrangements for tours of this nature, and that participants fully disclaim, waive, release and discharge Lions Clubs International (including its officers, directors, employees and volunteers) from any and all liability, claims or responsibilities with regard to the pre‐ or post convention tours being offered.